gem5e are no longer distributing specific releases of gem5 or M5 as tarballs. The latest gem5 source code (including the alpha-system and encumbered files) is available via our Mercurial repository host at http://repo.gem5.org.
If you want to download the latest stable copy of gem5 without installing Mercurial, you can get a tarball from that site via this link. However, we strongly recommend that you get a copy of gem5 by using Mercurial and the instructions on this page.
This page hosts only useful stuff that is not in mercurial.
Useful Stuff Not In Mercurial
- New Full System Files -- Pre-compiled Linux kernel, and file systems, and kernel config files. This includes both a cut-down linux and a full ubuntu linux.
- Old Full System Files -- Older pre-compiled Linux kernel, and file system. New users should use package above. This wil likely be removed soon.
- bbench Full-system Android files and BBench, a web-browser benchmark.
mkblankimage.shscript to create a blank disk image that used to be downloadable here is now included in the m5 repository, in the
Externally supplied cross compilers:
- ARM cross compilers from Code Sorcery -- These are high-quality cross compilers that are updated frequently
- Ubuntu users can simply install the gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi and libc6-dev-armel-cross packages
- MIPS cross compilers from Code Sorcery
All generated with crosstool for x86 linux hosts/linux targets
- Alpha: gcc-3.4.3, gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.6.1 (NPTL,x86/64), gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.6.1 (NPTL,x86/32)