Below is a list of projects that are based on gem5, are extensions of gem5, or use gem5.
- MV5 is a reconfigurable simulator for heterogeneous multicore architectures. It is based on M5v2.0 beta 4.
- Typical usage: simulating data-parallel applications on SIMT cores that operate over directory-based cache hierarchies. You can also add out-of-order cores to have a heterogeneous system, and all different types of cores can operate under the same address space through the same cache hierarchy.
- Research projects based on MV5 have been published in ISCA'10, ICCD'09, and IPDPS'10.
- Single-Instruction, Multiple-Threads (SIMT) cores
- Directory-based Coherence Cache: MESI/MSI. (Not based on gems/ruby)
- Interconnect: Fully connected and 2D Mesh. (Not based on gems/ruby)
- Threading API/library in system emulation mode (No support for full-system simulation. A benchmark suite using the thread API is provided)
- Merges 2 popular simulators: gem5 and gpgpu-sim
- Simulates CPUs, GPUs, and the interactions between them
- Models a flexible memory system with support for heterogeneous processors and coherence
- Supports full-system simulation through GPU driver emulation